Sunday, February 15, 2009

Skiing

It's been 13 years since I have been snow skiing. I forgot how much fun it can be. It was made even more enjoyable because it was Amy's first time going, and we got to spend the whole day together having an absolute blast! Amy is a natural! She picked it right up and and did GREAT all day. (and night!) We spent a good part of the day on the bunny slopes learning basic technique, but she wasn't content to stay there all day. Finally we headed up one of the real lifts. I was determined to stay on the "easy" runs all the way down. (Green circle) Somehow we ended up on an intermediate run! (Blue square) Amy handled it well and only fell once! (knocking me down!) I'm not as young as I used to be....To make it more interesting, it was nighttime and snowing like crazy while we were coming down. we finally ran into another "easy" run and made it to the bottom safe and sound. Amy had a huge grin on her face all day. I think a new hobby may have been found....

1 comment:

Desert Rose blooming in Arizona, said...

Hmmmmm....sounds like that little acorn didn't fall far from the tree!!!!